No More Church Harambees for Me From Next Year, MP Oscar Sudi Says
Kapseret MP Oscar Sudi has announced his intention to take a year-long break from church-related activities to focus entirely on empowerment programmes, especially in Kapseret. Speaking at a recent empowerment conference.

Hard work, not empty talk, drives progress.

Posted by Oscar Kipchumba Sudi on Wednesday, August 27, 2025

Kapseret MP Oscar Sudi has announced his intention to take a year-long break from church-related activities to focus entirely on empowerment programmes, especially in Kapseret. Speaking at a recent empowerment conference, Sudi stressed that the move is aimed at positively impacting the lives of youth, mothers and the elderly. 

He slammed the church, noting that while some members “have been making a lot of noise,” he has chosen to suspend church-related activities for a year to focus solely on empowerment programmes in Kapseret. “I want to promise you, those in the church have been making a lot of noise.

 I have stopped church-related activities for a whole year and I will only be doing empowerment. And I am not doing empowerment anywhere else except Kapseret first, for the whole next year,” he said. 

Sudi said the decision was driven by a desire to make a tangible difference in his community. He urged his critics to prioritize hard work and dedication, stressing that personal growth and meaningful community impact come through action. "You know, when someone comes to you shouting... someone like me, I started working when I was 15. Then you come and yell at me, telling me not to wear a watch, not to wear shoes, I don know what else. 

Instead of understanding where someone started and where they have come from, you focus on criticizing instead of finding ways to contribute. So I want to encourage you - no one should judge," Sudi said. He also addressed the issue of criticism of young people, especially on social media. Sudi claimed that many young people are often distracted by social media such as TikTok and Facebook, and fail to take action on productive endeavors.

 "Those young people you hear talking about don want to work. They are only on TikTok, Facebook, but if they volunteer and work, everyone has to work for them to eat," he said. The MP has previously been actively involved in church-related fundraising initiatives.

The donation sparked much discussion about the source of the money and the main source of Sudis wealth. At the time, Sudi defended himself by saying that he had a habit of giving money to churches, a habit he inherited from President William Ruto, who later moved to State House. However, the long-serving MP later denied personally giving the 20 million shillings to the church, clarifying that the amount was the total amount of the money.

You Might Also Like

Stay Connected

Get Newsletter

Advertisement